Monday, January 16, 2006

down a little

Weigh in this morning was successfult-down to 269.5. I need to take a "before" photo, even though I'm down 8.5 lbs already-I think I'd like to track my progress a little better this time, including measuring chest, waist, etc.

I also need to figure out how to avoid pigging out at the in-laws. I just can't seem to control myself around goodies there. Other than pigging out there on Saturday, eating last week went well, including going out for Mexican food. I had shrimp fajitas, so the only calories/points were from the tortillas (might be fairly high, since they make their own and I'm sure they use lard), the oil used for sauteeing, the shrimp (low in calories) and the rice (probably pretty low-it's fairly dry and doesn't feel oily at all). Major victory-I didn't eat any chips and salsa-I usually gorge myself on those, but I didn't eat even one. I managed to avoid them by keeping myself busy taking care of my daughter. That might be a good restaurant strategy for me-if I'm busy with her, I'll be less likely to keep picking at my plate.

No comments: