Monday, January 10, 2005

Last week didn't go so well. I did great Mon and Tuesday, but blew it on Wed. My wife's cousin and aunt were in town, so we went to her parents house for a turkey dinner and I way over indulged. Then on Saturday, we celebrated my brother-in-law's and my birthdays, and I ate too much ziti, garlic bread, and cheesecake, and did the same thing with leftovers on Sunday. Because I blew it on Wednesday, I got sloppy counting points the rest of the week too. It's not helping anything that I'm not sleeping well because of the baby and too much stress-all that contributes to making poor food choices.

Also, I'm still struggling with a way to incorporate exercise into my daily routine. Early mornings is the only time I can really see it working for me, but I can't leave the house because I have daddy duty until my wife wakes up, and she's been going to bed at 2 or 3 (or even 4) and sleeping until 10. Which is also contributing to my stress-I need to be able to be working by 8am every day.

So, I'm moving forward and trying to stay OP again this week. My challenges will be networking events on Wed and Thurs evenings. Wed is a dinner meeting, but they almost always serve chicken and rice or a veggie. I just need to stay away from the dessert. Thurs is a "business after hours" thing, so I don't think there will be anything but perhaps appetizers there, and those are easy to resist.

No comments: